Welcome Information Connoisseurs

Welcome Information Connoisseurs

Friday, February 20, 2015

My debate with Netanyahu

On Feb 19, 2015, at 8:11, Stan<  @comcast.net> wrote:

Hello Michael,

Was it Bibi or Paul Wolfowitz that you commented about once as wearing mis-matching socks and exhibiting some other traits of poor grooming?  Bibi is just a schmuck from Philadelphia, right?


Dear Stan

I “debated" Netanyahu for about ten minutes during a lengthy question-and-answer (after sitting in the seat directly behind him while he was being introduced), at Albright Auditorium in New York, on the campus of Hobart & William Smith Colleges, January 20, 1994. 

He’s not a schmuck, but he is a ham actor who has credibility like the Wizard of Oz, from behind a screen; in his case a media screen. I had no trouble with him when I confronted him about his Likud party’s record of anti-Arab terror. The audience, which he had just a few minutes before in the palm of his hand, sat in stunned silence as I tore into him. I was able to do real damage over his ignorant claim that Americans had difficulty understanding the Israeli experience because we had never had an enemy on our border. I reminded him of a little something known as the Mexican-American War of 1846-1848. I had a lot of fun with him. 

He’s the type of dictator the Israeli people and the US media rally around; that is his attraction, as a strongman of the Stalinist type.

One more point: I was a well known anti-Zionist in 1994, yet I could sit directly behind him, where I observed his polyester suit, the dandruff on his collar, etc. There were no metal detectors at the door of the auditorium. He arrived with only one personal bodyguard and there were two local rent-a-cops hired for the occasion. 

This was at a time when Zionist Steve Emerson (who continues to remain an “authority on terrorism” according to the media), was traveling the country and the TV and radio airwaves, declaring there was a deadly Islamic terror network operating inside the US. Obviously, Netanyahu knew better.

Sincerely,
Michael Hoffman
www.revisionisthistory.org
 ***

1 comment:

DB said...

If only we had iPhones and YouTube back then Michael! I for one would've loved to have seen it!